PDA

View Full Version : prophecy

trainfender
11-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Year 2012. As Maya foretold...
This work's done in 18 hours approx. Base modelling and render - in 3dsmax (vray). About 100+ reference photos and textures were used for concept and detail purposes.
http://www.free-lancers.net/posted_files/N70C25301CD9B.jpg

darkblue_wire
11-11-2008, 02:17 AM
why did u put it here in the wip ?
I feel like a finished work
perfect i like the sun effect i feel it very balanced
good work

trainfender
11-11-2008, 03:05 AM
i put it here, cause i want some crit and overall comments. It'll help me to grow further

Rochnan
11-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Het Trainfender, looks good.
To me, it feels like the perspective is off. That's because some buildings are toppled, and I know it's correct, but it just feels weird.
I have this only with the buildings toppled towards the viewer, not those leaning to the side, so maybe there's the solution.
Also the scale of some of the photos looks off. For example: the lightning was originally probably shot at a few metres (probably from a small coil in the same room). In the matte, it's a few streets in the distance, but looks as if it's still close.
I hope this made sense and helped you.

trainfender
11-12-2008, 12:03 AM
thanks, Rochnan. It's really helpful

homer
11-13-2008, 11:03 AM
It looks good and can be even better.
The left part, I like.

I suggest (after fixing perspective... as Rochnan said) get rid of the white highlight, the waterfall and the tree in the right.
Then add some orange highlights bouncing off the building in the right side.

Also, cropping a bit from bottom of the image, might be helpful too.

moakley
11-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Hey, looking good :) I think what you are lacking is atmospherics. At the moment the buildings could, in theory be the size of the cars. I find that the atmosherics go a long to pushing objects into the distance.

Vancouver VFX
06-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Over all nice!

One thing that stood out to me is the water... the ripples in the river as well as the base of the waterfall. All that water coming over.. What reaction would that have on the rest of the pool..???

A little tweaking... As a whole GOOD JOB

Another thing I thought... It kinda feels weird, there doesnt feel like there is much distance in between the foreground (overpass&vehicles) and background ( buildings) Which in turns makes it look kinda out of proportion.
This is just a far out idea..: maybe extend the highway so you can see it go into the city, maybe a bridge going over the water... it just feels like it needs something to tie it all together...