View Full Version : Ancient City
These is a piece that I'm working on but some elements don't seem to fit in. Any feedback is welcome.
11-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Some edges are blurry, like between the background and the rocks on the left side. I think those will look a lot better if they're sharp edges.
11-11-2008, 08:28 AM
I think the main problems at the moment are tonal and related to the direction of light. At the moment there's some confusion as where the light is coming from. The light on the side of the pyramid and on the foreground trees suggest its from the left, however the other foreground elements on the left have the right coming from the right. Tonally I would knock back the foreground elements a bit to draw our eye more into the picture and also adjust the pyramid to see if you can get it to fit a little better into the environment.
Hope this helps
Thank you both for your comments, they really helped. Here is an update with improvements
12-23-2008, 05:49 PM
that looks good, reminds me of Indiana Jones!
the light looks great now
very nice job =)
12-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Looks great, you have a great base to work off and here are some suggestions:
1) Light source seems to be coming from the left but the hut has it from the right
2) The rocks in the foreground should be more silhouette with detail grass on the top as the light creeps in from behind
3) Things need to be more contrast as they get closer and more "sky colour" as they go towards the distance.
4) Objects need to have less saturation in distance and more saturation in foreground. You seem to have similar colour range regardless of the depth.
5) There's too much detail everywhere. Find where you want to lead your audience's eyes and really focus on high texture detail in those particular places.
6) The bottom left grassy bush seems to be the same distance as the one on the right. The rocks on the left looks equally as close in terms contrast/saturation/lighting but looks much further away in terms of scale. This makes the left part look a little flat. Try to add more separation using light/contrast/color/composition
Hope that helps and I wish you all the best
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.