PDA

View Full Version : northern wasteland walkthrough

plaf
03-09-2005, 05:15 PM
After wrapping up this matte - which I did mainly as a lighting and colouring exercise - I wrote a few words about the stages I'd saved out as I was doing it, and also did a flash movie step-through of the same.

http://www.mattepainting.org/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/573.jpg

http://www.skjoldbroder.dk/gfx/flash/mattemovie.html

http://www.skjoldbroder.dk/tutorials-11.html

all the best
/plaf

NickATnitE
03-10-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanx plaf! I like this article a lot. and I have to say that flash break down is one of the best i have ever seen! Using the arrow keys to navigate through is a stroke of genius. I can't wait to use this feature on a demo reel dvd.
Slick very Slick

Nick

brad
03-10-2005, 09:59 AM
I agree, The Flash version is great.
Thanks

Maryam
03-10-2005, 11:52 AM
I think those who spend time to create Tutorials, or Step by Step guides, are showing their confident in their work. And they will be successful.

Also itís good to keep the Step by Step of a project. Sometimes I do something and then I forget how did I do that and I have to re-experience that challenge again.

Another advantage of keeping all the steps is the fact that you can always go back and modify them. Which will make the VFX supervisor happy.

Thanks to those who share their works and I hope to see more contribution like this.

tobiasth
03-11-2005, 01:08 AM
many thx for sharing this tutorial! i think its great! many thx.

Juha_Kinnunen
03-11-2005, 03:15 PM
thanks Plaf for sharing,

Your painting looks great, and your brake down was really helpfull to me.

One question: did you paint in that resolution that your final image is?

I have started to paint again, so these kind of step by step things are more than wellcome!Maybe I post something here someday.

Juha Kinnunen

plaf
03-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Glad to hear that people like this.

Juha : yeah, I pretty much just went with the resolution of my source photograph (2048 pixels wide, I cropped it a little if i remember correctly)

Maryam : Thanks. I like to share - it hopefully helps others, and it helps me.

all the best
/plffaf

CMerritt
03-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks for creating this tutorial. :)

dash1969
08-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Yes thanks for the step by step tut and for be willing to share your God given talent :D

ART3Designs
08-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Great tutorial, this really helps a person like myself who wants to learn this craft but doesn't know how to start. Very incouraging and I look forward to creating my first matte soon, thanks again.

Col. Gooseman
09-01-2005, 03:00 AM
thanx mate! really great walk trough. as many others in here, i am looking around do get an overview how to do good matte painting. your kind of tutorial helps me very much in getting in to start my storyboard for my upcoming short battletech movie, as well as mattepainting in scenes of the movie. and as i see, there are really skilled people here at mattepainting.org i will post my progress on it in the forum as well. it can bee seen as a: from the beginning to the final film.