PDA

View Full Version : Expedition

crahzz
10-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey everyone,

Long time no post, busy busy with school. Trying to get an internship in the game industry is hard work, but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end. Here's a piece I did for a school assignment based on the book 'invisible cities'.

Done in about 10 hours. It could use a lot of touching up but I can't seem to get the right feel from my brushes and to avoid repainting whole segments or a big mess I decided to leave it at this for now. Deadlines are tight!

Comments and crits are welcome.
Cheers

http://community.imaginefx.com/forums/storage/6/140931/expeditionWEB.jpg

homer
10-15-2008, 09:28 PM
It looks great, except those three huge pipe or whatever they are...

crahzz
10-16-2008, 04:23 AM
any suggestions for improving those?

homer
10-16-2008, 10:29 AM
If it's part of the story and you want to keep them, try removing 2 of them and only keep the middle one.
Also make the icicles all vertical.
Paint the rest of the pipe, so it will lead the eye toward the characters...

Or the easiest way would be to replace it with another small building part of the architecture that you already established.

Or perhaps an industrial vehicle or machine which has the same scale as the tiny characters that you have

But the most important thing is to make it clear. What do you want people to see first? and make sure other elements are not competing with your focal point...

And Keep up the good job...

crahzz
10-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks a lot homer, really appreciate your comments. I will definitely focus more on the focal point of the viewer.