PDA

View Full Version : The Top Floor

B. Kachel
02-14-2005, 03:04 PM
We were given a week to key this shot and add a matte painting. My first reaction to the shot was that it needed to be way up high.

I also need to add some displacement to the painting where the glass is. Any comments would be great.

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/1651/topfloor2sj.jpg

Hope to here your thoughts
-Brandon Kachel

Atmospheria
02-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Nice work B.!
Only thing that is bugging me is the indoor lightning. If you look at where the light is coming from the sun rays must go directly in to the room. So it should be way brighter than that. Just brighten the room up and maybe add some additional light drops to the floor. Add some reflections of the table to the window and thats it.
Keep it up!

B. Kachel
02-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback. But I think given the lighting of the original plate, the outdoor lighting is far brighter then the interior, thus the interior would actually be darker. I think if I brighten the forground there will be no depth to the shot and it will look washed out. But I did noticed that the color tones between the interior and backgorund are slightly off. I think if I add a slight yellow tint to the background that will help.

But I will definately try uping the brightness value of the interior.

Again thankyou for the feedback.
-Brandon Kachel

AJ
02-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Looks nice Brandon. I do wonder if the right-hand building, behind the guys head, needs to be adjusted slightly. The perspective there looks a little off?

Great concept, I love the sense of drama in the scene.

B. Kachel
02-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback AJ. I agree the perspective is slighly off. The building needs to tilt towrds us a lttle bit.

Again thankyou
-Brandon Kachel

tobiasth
02-17-2005, 03:08 PM
great job brandon!
i really like the lightning and the clouds in your background.

B. Kachel
02-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback, but unfortunately the lighting of my painting does not match my indoor lighting. Luckily Rick Rische informed me about this issue. In my buddy Jareds (Future San Fran) his lighting is correct. So right now I am relighting my painting so it is correct. I am still going with my concept of it being extremely high up, but I am changing a few different buildings.

Hope to post it soon.
-Brandon Kachel