PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a tablet??

Endorphin
11-29-2004, 02:36 AM
Hi there, a question from a newbie here:
I want to buy a tablet and the new Wacom Intuos 3 caught my eye.
http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/products ... /index.asp (http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/products/intuos/index.asp)

my question: should i buy a A4 or A5 model??

thoughts and tips are welcome...thanx!

Ink
11-29-2004, 03:28 AM
If you've got the cash and the space to get an A4...do so.....the bigger the better....

Endorphin
11-29-2004, 04:14 AM
the bigger the better....

why?....more space to move your hand in a natural way maybe???

homer
11-29-2004, 07:16 AM
if you used to big strokes with real brushes go for A5, otherwise A4 is more practical.
I just changed my A5 with A4 which is practical for 2 monitors.

Eisner
11-29-2004, 12:19 PM
I prefer nurofen or syndol. Both have a reasonably strong pain killing ingredient. But if you symptoms persist, always consult your doctor.

couldn't help myself! :roll:

DMPjedi
05-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Figured I'd ask here rather than start a new thread...I got a Graphire 4x5 tablet for Christmas (hey it's cheap and my first one :) ) and was comparing it to the Intuos. In my Photographic magazine, I notice the ad for the Intuos3 in each issue and the macro shots of it.

What I noticed is that it appears there's not plastic covering like the Graphire tablets. Here's my big set of questions, brace yourselves :P

1) Am I correct?
2) If so, I assume it feels different than the Graphire tablets?
3) Is it unheardof to take the plastic cover off the Graphire tablet for a less-slick feel?
4) Would it hurt the tablet to do so?

Any advice would be great, as I've only had experience with the Graphire ones. I'm hoping to get a 6x8 Intuos this year :)

B. Kachel
05-09-2005, 06:23 PM
It does have some form of hard plastic. I wouldn't recommend taking the plastic off simply because it is a protective case. I have the 6x8 and I think it is great.

05-09-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm working with the cheapest model, it's a few years old, and I still sit back sometimes and reconfirm that it's been the best $99 spent in a LONG time.

I can only imagine a larger surface or more levels of pressure would feel great, but I've never tried one and I still don't feel real cramped with the graphire. I think, the reason being, is that my handwriting is naturally small and I'm more a details person.

bcottman
05-09-2005, 08:41 PM
I am using an intuos 3 at work. It's alright. I dont really see much of a difference between it and the intuos 2 I use at home (unless you use the programable buttons). A 6x8 is a definite improvment over the 4x5 though. And the intuos sensitivity is better than the graphire. But If it is not in your budget to upgrade I dont think the quality difference is as big as the cost difference.

DMPjedi
07-02-2005, 02:45 PM
I got to try out a 6x8 Intuos2 at work a couple weeks ago. The feel of it was great, I can't wait to upgrade to a 6x8 Intuos3 :D Plus my dad is waiting for me to upgrade so he can have my Graphire :p I guess I forgot to thank ya'll for your input :roll: Uh...thanks!

cameo
07-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Ive got an Intuos 2 6*8 at home and it feels great, nice size as well. Started my new job and had a 9*12. It's still nice but I find I dont really need all that extra room plus it does take up a lot more space. Had a mate at college who bought the 12*12 but he was selling it on only a couple of months later because he just found it too big and unwieldy. From my experience the size is a trade off against comfort, I think somewhere in the middle is about right.