P.Nagle
11-09-2004, 07:44 PM
critiques welcome
Cheers,
Patrick Nagle

http://stu.aii.edu/~pjn361/breakdown.jpg

homer
11-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Everything looks good. Only the foreground tree in the left side seems strange.

Ross Forster
11-12-2004, 03:26 AM
Overall it looks good, but I can see a couple of places where some of the leaf detail on the trees has been lost. The tree on the left of frame is the major culprit.

cstoski
11-12-2004, 04:54 AM
I agree that the tree and leaves on the left need a better extraction. Their edges are too sharp. Also, I think the matte painting is too blurry. The original painting has a nice sharpness to it (not too sharp... good job). Perhaps the painting could've just been comped the way it is and not softened?

Also, I think the camera should've been moved to the side a few feet to avoid the intersection of the trees leaves at the CENTER OF FRAME with the soldiers head. The soldier is what's catching my attention and the leaves "touching" his head seems to be an odd composition. Maybe just remove the center leaves in the comp?

All in all, good work for 3 weeks!

P.Nagle
11-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks alot for the feedback i was losing hope!

I agree that the detail in trees have been lost im working on a way to extract the background better, im taking a couple days off the comp so i can go back with a fresh look and fix some stuff.

As far as the background being blurry i am not sure why its like that i also just relized that. There must be a blur somewhere in my tree that i forgot to get rid of!

I really want to go back and reshoot it but i dont have a car and its almost winter and i dont have the gear anymore =( i might go through my other takes and see if i have a better one but i dont think that i do.

Thanks for the comments.

i will post a quicktime soon also