Remi_julien
06-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Original:
http://julien.remi.free.fr/Matte_City_original.jpg

http://julien.remi.free.fr/Matte_City_9.JPG

it's my first mattepainting

RiKToR
06-07-2006, 03:41 PM
First huh, no complaints here looks good.

SYCO
06-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Very cool. May I ask though, what exactly is the streak through the centre?
A major highway? A rail system?

And once again 'VERY DAMN COOL' considering it's your 1st.

Yet to do any mattes myself, been a viewer since joining, going to get a tablet soon along with the Dylan Cole DVDs and start from that.

NickATnitE
06-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Very Nice work,

I do recommend that you alter the CN tower a bit more, it's a little too recognisable. and I think the black in your distant buildings is still a bit dark if you look at the buildings near it they are all more blue and have less contrast,

Minor quips however,

Nicely done

Ricardo Garces
06-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Remi,

the first is always the most difficult, because we usually don't know if we can do our vision or not.
I think the image you have done, is very good in several aspects.

1st - The original plate was very well chosen. Even without any "painting" the image looks very good.

2nd - The composition looks very good.

3rd - The blue/white colors are very hi-tech, and integrate very well with a metropole landscape.

4th - The left building looks amazing.

Now for the critics. There are a few stuff that is not ok, and in my opinion if you correct them, you have yourself a winner image.

1st - The building in the background, over the cube, is in a different scale from anything else, and looks wrong.

2nd - The freeway, has white markings on the ground in a scale that if was for real was several kilometers long. Once again, this is easy to correct.

Good job. Looking forward to see more of your stuff.

Regards,

Ricardo.

RiKToR
06-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Remi,

the first is always the most difficult, because we usually don't know if we can do our vision or not.
I think the image you have done, is very good in several aspects.

1st - The original plate was very well chosen. Even without any "painting" the image looks very good.

2nd - The composition looks very good.

3rd - The blue/white colors are very hi-tech, and integrate very well with a metropole landscape.

4th - The left building looks amazing.

Now for the critics. There are a few stuff that is not ok, and in my opinion if you correct them, you have yourself a winner image.

1st - The building in the background, over the cube, is in a different scale from anything else, and looks wrong.

2nd - The freeway, has white markings on the ground in a scale that if was for real was several kilometers long. Once again, this is easy to correct.

Good job. Looking forward to see more of your stuff.

Regards,

Ricardo.

Picky, picky Ricardo. j/k! I for one like the scale of the stripes on the road. It seems right to me thats all. Though I do have to say that the big cube building perspective looks a little skewed. As well it should have slight pinkish hue to the higlight side to match the other buildings.

Sorry didn't notice at first.