PDA

View Full Version : Road over landscape: mattepainting:

de gerardo
06-05-2006, 05:25 AM
Hi, my latest personal work... ;) I hope, that you like it. Here is in day and in night variations. Thank you for all comments, crit, view...for all.
http://degerardo.szm.com//bigpic/3.jpg

Jay_Gladwell
06-05-2006, 05:29 AM
Image isn't showing.

de gerardo
06-05-2006, 05:36 AM
I see it.. no problem... hm... I hope, that is it temporel problem..,
becasue I see it without problems.

Jay_Gladwell
06-05-2006, 05:40 AM
Are you sure your broswer isn't looking on your hard drive? That happens sometimes when the links aren't set properly.

de gerardo
06-05-2006, 05:52 AM
So, it is okay? :?

Jay_Gladwell
06-05-2006, 06:05 AM
That did it!

The right-hand side of the picture doesn't "match" the left-hand side. It looks like two totally different images joined by a tree.

Panze
06-05-2006, 12:33 PM
I think that's because the edges of the tree(s) have pieces of the plate, they've been puled out, left. That and the jungle on far right ends behind the tree and makes the picture look like there's discontinuity.

There's also some issues with lightning, particulary you're missing shadows from the trees and the stones.

Also you need more bluish cast on the night picture. Now it looks like black & white picture.

O'Connor
06-05-2006, 05:26 PM
I have to agree with the others in that it doesn't really look like one image. More so two images blended together with that tree. There are two things that really stand out to me. First is the lighting. The light source should be the sun in the distance but your FG elements are lit from another direction (same thing with your forest on the right hand side). Also your main clouds are really dark in shadow.

The second thing is the river on the right side. It appears to be on higher ground than the land on the left. I just don't believe someone would place a cemetery below a river. If the river flooded there could be some crazy damage. Just a thought. With some extra work this could be really cool. There's also something that looks like leaves that may not have been properly erased floating above the windmill.

For the night shot, you definitely need a hint of blue on there. Just walk outside at night. It's not strictly black and white at night.

Best of luck!