PDA

View Full Version : Another Boston thing

adboy
05-22-2006, 07:04 AM
well after seeing speculart's image i thought i'd go for something a little higher up but unfortunately being in the uk finding images of boston are a bit of a mission so i just got any city i could find to start with
this really is my first matte and i've only spent about 40 mins on it so far just playing with colors and a feel so dont expect to much from me, the flames scale is all wrong, but as i say its just a start , gonna try to detail in from here and add distruction thats fading out from the core

unfortunately i've just see that link to the other image which has done what i wanted to do only a thousand times better, ah well i'll see where this goes but will proberly just use this to get some techniques rolling untill i find some better boston images to start me off

http://www.realism.co.uk/zombie_town.jpg

RiKToR
05-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Use curves and pull some of the blue out it it looks really over whelming. Flames and destruction look pretty good, I think you should keep blowing up stuff. Remember though you don't specifically have make it perfectly Boston, do what you can with reference you can find.

Tightpantsarecool
05-22-2006, 05:11 PM
I think it looks great so far. My only suggestion is, like Riktor said, is get some of the blue, and pink out, especially in the sky. But, it looks pretty cool so far, nice flames.

Speculart
05-22-2006, 11:44 PM
I have already told you what I think in my wip thread. Most important thing is to keep on keeping on though!!

adboy
05-23-2006, 03:26 PM
will get back to this as soon as possible, my boss seems to think working is more important for some reason, you'd think he paid me money or something..... um hang on.. :D