PDA

View Full Version : Monastery - my first finished mp here

turin
05-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi.
i'd be grateful for any comments and suggestions :)

http://www.narya.cz/final_monastery.jpg

Arezoofa
05-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Gorgeous,good job turin. :D

Noel B
05-19-2006, 11:32 AM
if i had 1 comment it would be that the mountains are a little too washed out....... I get what your going for but i think it would look a little bit crisper with some mountain detail.

Other than that I love the colors and the light source. To my it represents either a misty morning or sun breaking through after a heavy rain. I like that I can put myself in it and imagine where I am.

Tightpantsarecool
05-19-2006, 11:40 AM
I like the first one better; more fantasy like.

Kutkin
05-19-2006, 12:58 PM
:shock: stunning!
The first imate has really great mood!
The second one very real!
Suberb work

Buck-Beaver
05-19-2006, 04:16 PM
These are really beautiful, stunning actually.

I do agree with Noel's comment about the first image though, the mountains do look just a little too washed out, but overall it's great work!

narfboy
05-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Stunning!!! l love both of the finals! Each convays a different mood and both look incredable! :D

Xdreamer79
05-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Very good work. The first looks in a fantastic atmosphere. Interesting light source also. Gives it a real good fantasy mood :-] Well done.

Speculart
05-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Man thats some nice work.
Couple of things jump out. The highlights on the buidings look a little painted. Its the focal point so it needs to be really neat, even just lightened photo with a mask over it.
The realistic one has a blurry line through where the refrences meet. You may need to mix and match those images a little more so they dont look so 'joined together'
Hope the crits ok! So close to perfect!!

nickmarshallvfx
05-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Great stuff!
I like the 1st one better coz im a fantasy fan, but like someone already wisely said, they both have great moods that are quite different.
My only crit would be the path. It looks to me as though it jumps from the foreground to the background. I think it should go behind the foreground mountain, and be smaller when it reappears on the distant mountain if you see what i mean.

Great work!

Nick