PDA

View Full Version : Here Comes My Second Matte

balaji_s
05-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi Friends,

I did this matte painting yesturday. It's very simple. Right now I am jus learning the techniques. You can go ahead with your comments and suggestions. :)

Thanks,
Balaji

http://geocities.com/biju2306/Fantasy1-copy.jpg

Jay_Gladwell
05-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Nice work, but two things jump out immediately...

1) The lighting of the two key elements (the cottage and bunker) do not match. The right side and roof of the cottage are bright while the right side of the left wing on the bunker is in shadow.

2) The cottage has a dark line around the bottom which gives it a "pasted on" look. That edge needs more blending.

balaji_s
05-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi Jay,

Thanx a lot for the feedback. I will do the correction and post again. But I dont know how to match the lighting for the bunker and the cottage could you plz help me out in this :(

Thanx
Balaji

Jay_Gladwell
05-10-2006, 09:02 AM
The easiest way to correct and/or avoid this problem is to select elements that have the same source lighting (light coming from the same direction).

balaji_s
05-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Thats very much true jay. But If I have situations like this how should i proceed with the lighting :(

wib
05-12-2006, 11:36 AM
it seems correct fot me, but the house's shadow isn't right. otherwise, i like the little glow.

jamesvfx
05-12-2006, 01:00 PM
hi balaji, good to see you're now working on matte paintings. well I agree with Jay_Gladwell about those issues on integration.
but the most important thing in matte painitng would be composition, where's your focal point? what is your focal point?you have to take care a lot of your 2d painting, sometimes it can turn too blury or the strokes will show the trick that it is painted in some elementsother than that it's lookin good ,

balaji_s
05-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey Wib and james thanks a lot for your feedbacks :)