PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Photoshop Compositing Practice

Vogonpoet
04-04-2006, 06:51 PM
I've been so busy trying to graduate from college, that I have not had time to practice my PS skills. Here's a concept I worked on for about 3.5 hours.

I'm not sure what else to do with it. Ideas?

http://www.boydarts.com/albums/userpics/10001/seaballs1_small.jpg

Dream Artisan
04-04-2006, 11:56 PM
The highlight on the foreground buoy is too blown out. Also, I would add lots of weathering to them so they don't look so CG.

Xdreamer79
04-05-2006, 03:10 AM
Sorry for OT, you're the vp from the asylum? :D

lightwell
04-05-2006, 03:59 AM
I like it but I agree with dream artisan, rust and salt film are needed. I would also expect to see some froth and breaking of the water around the piers.

There also appears to be a disk in the sky, very faint, but right in the middle of the shot.

Jim

Vogonpoet
04-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the crits.

I see now that the foremost sphere is overly bright, and that its mid-range shadow color is a little bit more purplish than those that are receding back into space.

What's weird is how cg the balls look even though they're pulled right out of a photo.

I've already added some fluttering birds to the scene and brightened up parts of the fore and mid grounds to make the brightness of the sphere seem more motivated.

There's still a lot of little things I want to fix, so it'll be a while before an updated version will be available.

Dream Artisan
04-05-2006, 12:13 PM
I think more small detailson the spheres will make them fit to scale in the scene better (e.g. the legs)