PDA

View Full Version : Reconstructing Picture Parts

nickmarshallvfx
03-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Hi all
Just wanted to ask a question. It might seem stupid, but im new here and have no training yet.
I was looking over the 'challenges' forum at the haunted house and i saw that a lot of people were taking the image of the house and getting rid of the canopy over the door, and the door and part of the wall were there instead. How do you go about taking away part of an image and then remaking it? Is it all hand painted? Sorry if i didn't explain that very well, i hope you get it.
Cheers

Nick

Da_Elf
03-21-2006, 07:25 AM
the photoshop toolset has all the things you need like clone, smudge and that bandaid one i forget the name of

nickmarshallvfx
03-21-2006, 09:21 AM
I have used the clone tool and healing tool (the one i think you were referring to with the bandaid symbol) to reconstruct small areas for example if i had a small portion of a wall i could clone and do that. However when it comes to doing something that was never there in the first place, like when a tree is obscuring a door and you have to create the door after you have got rid of the tree, i wouldn't have a clue.

Do you just copy a pic of another door and blend it into your original photo or something?

Cheers for the quick response, sorry i didn't explain too well.

Nick

RiKToR
03-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Wow Porque should be drawn and quartered (and banned) for that stupid link.

As for the question, you basically use other parts of the photograph and place then in a position over the area you want to replace then using brushes and color correction to make it seamless. For you specific problem you would have to use another source image unless you have something to start from in the original, unless you painted the door that is.[/list]

nickmarshallvfx
03-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks Riktor! Yea I need to work on seamlessly integrating other photos so that i can do things like that. My skills with Curves are quite lacking at the moment, so thats something ill have to work on.

Porque - Thanks for bumping this and helping to get that reply. Now please go away and don't come back...

Nick

Eisner
03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Just keep tweaking curves till it looks right, that's what I always do. I always thought you needed to be a colour mathematician when working with curves. But just keep playing with em..

nickmarshallvfx
03-28-2007, 04:48 AM
Ok, thanks Eisner :) I have seen your work, and if you say it, I will believe it!

Nick