PDA

View Full Version : fighter painting

fernando
03-02-2006, 03:47 PM
here is a concept of a stratosferic fighter .
for the plane , I used a simple 3d model , that I used to trace the shape.
them I just paint all the details over it
the background is all painted .
I used photoshop7 , painter9 and maya6.5

http://www.creativespot.org/post/uploads/166/fighter.jpg
http://www.creativespot.org/post/uploads/166/stratos-color.jpg

pentagramma
03-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Fe,

I canīt see your images! :shock:

fernando
03-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Sorry guys.
I had posted my images in a wrong site .

They are now posted at the creativespot , so everybody can see then now .

tell me what do you think .
I am not sure if this image qualifies as a matte painting .

Dream Artisan
03-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Nice model. In terms of this being a matte painting...is this actually going to be used in a TV show or film? That would definitely make it a true matte. Generally, mattes follow the proportion of the medium they will be composited into. Also, mattes will have live footage or CG comped over (e.g. flying planes, moving vehicles and people). Mattes you can say are set extensions. In your image, I would say the background details are very loose--you need to have more hard edges and detail there--make it more photographic--make sure to use references! Also, the image proportions would change dependng on final medium of usage.

Loki
03-04-2006, 12:51 PM
What artisan says. THis is more a photoreal illustration than a matte in the traditional sense - BUT could be a matte if there were live action pilots comped into the foreground.

I think it's very well done and also agree with DA about the edges. Your speculars seem a bit dull too - or one cannot really tell of what surface material this machine has.

The main intake is also skewed / tilted to the left. The intake in the lower rear doesn't get the same bouncelight as the fuselage above it and therefore looks a little like it doesn't belong to the ship. Same with the flaps - they'd get a lot more bouncelight being so close to the tarmac.

One last personal wish are those guns lasers? Otherwise it sure would be cool to see muzzles bigger than a .30 cal ;)

All in all a great piece though (I'm only nitpicking) - off to the finish line! :) Well done!