View Full Version : my first matte painting
02-28-2006, 01:30 PM
I discoverd the matte painting three days ago and this is I tried to do
tell me about bad things... comment her!! thx!
03-01-2006, 08:27 AM
One word -- perspective.
03-01-2006, 08:53 AM
ok thx have you some technics for the perspective? all reply are welcome! :wink:
good start but since it's your first one there is quite a bit to comment about:
* perspective: the individual elements of your image don't seem to fit together. The temple element looks tilted to the right and a bit skewed. Might wanna straighten that out. :)
* edges - your mountain ridge looks very cut out and attracts attention
* lighting: there's different lighting on each element of your's. Also - the temple still looks like in daylight. It takes a lot of time to rework something day for night - you will have to take some time with it to make it work. I'd start with a color correction that takes down the highlights and puts it into the blueish hue that a nightshot would have.
The pool of light on the stairs makes no sense to me. Where does it come from?
The moon in the sky doesn't seem like a lightsource - it doesn't seem to influence any of the environment. There's also a little gradient on top that makes it seem like a second lightsource.
* fog / mist: they are just laid over the image - try to integrate it and pay tribute to the topography.
03-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Nice idea though..
as Loki already said nearly everything, I will just add two tings:
-from a composition point of view, there is a bit too much moutain on the right IMHO..
- and a quick paintover I tried to make as I liked your concept .. hope you don't mind and that it will be usefull..
03-02-2006, 08:33 AM
lol: thx very much
my hotmail is firstname.lastname@example.org
i need some councilsand by this forum is difficult
kakekikoku send me this skecth in the high resolution please! :) !thx
In my opinion it would be nice to keep it the progress on this forum, so we can all participate and learn from it! :)
03-05-2006, 05:31 AM
unfotunatey, I didn't save anything else than that small pic.. sorry :(
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.