Hi!
this is my last mattepainting work.

ORGINAL:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2480/mostorginal3bt.jpg

MATTE:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5917/mostbigsmall2lu.jpg

kmblackbear06
02-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Eh, Absolutly Terrible..... Just joking haha.. That rocks dude! Gives you a nice blistery cold northeast blizzard feel to it. Snow seems a bit too gray maybe, but thats nothing major. Looking real cool so far. :)

cg4life
02-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Looks awesome man. I had a couple of ideas when I first noticed it.... It looks like one of the support beams for the bridge has a little light on it, kind of an orange glow... That lower section of the Matte is the only area that looks kind of washed out, with all of the grey. What I thought when I first looked at it is that maybe you could add something at the bottom of the matte to add depth and to coincide with the light, like maybe somebody walking with a flashlight? the footprints in the snow would look cool too, I think. Anyway, I think it looks great right now, good work.

Loki
02-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Hello Caspic! I think it's a good start. The distribution of the snow seems quite realistic. There are some points to jump out when I look at it:

* lighting of the snow: you snow does not seem 'white'. Fresh snow almost always id thge brightest feature in a painting (except light sources and really bright reflections), yet your snow seems gray.

* missing translucency 'subsurface scattering of the light passing through the snow.

* bounce light from the snow - such a big snow surface under the bridge would throw back a huge ammount of light, therefore introducing a new soft lightsource that would need to be paid tribute to in the paiting.

* it might be a cool feature to have some of the trees, traffic signs cars, etc halfway exposed to help the scale. If they're covered it'd be nice to see their soft shapes under the snow.

:)

O'Connor
02-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Nice work. I think with some of the other suggestions this will be a great piece. One thing that stands out for me is that there are gaps in the structure on the top left and top center. When you put your sky into the shot I'm guessing you didn't lasso those parts out. If you get rid of them it'll just help sell the realism a little more. It's the subtle things that can really sell a piece.

Good luck with it!