PDA

View Full Version : tropical city

sankara
02-25-2006, 07:40 AM
hi friends ,this matte is done in the first week of my practice
ia m a greatfan of dylan, sothis matte is a inspiration of his tropical city matte work
comments and critics are welcome

matte:

http://www.creativespot.org/post/data/500/medium/tropical_city.jpg

original plate:

http://www.creativespot.org/post/data/500/medium/tropical_city-originaL.jpg

send ur comments to sankaravfx@yahoo.com

zoki
02-25-2006, 08:02 AM
i like it its a nice start
i am learaning now also
For your piece i think composition should be more developed i think the three towers are too equal in height, distance fog aerial perspective would also help to give sense of depth.
I would also put some very near element in front
hope this helps
z

kmblackbear06
02-25-2006, 08:41 AM
I think were all fans of Dylan... Sorry I'm not an expert, but I am learning too. Zoki is right about the perspective on the towers. I also noticed the front one and the tip of the tower on the right side are from the same, change it up a bit to give it some contrast. I also noticed the buildings are all on the right side of the rocks/mountains. Also add some light to the tip of the right buildings to show sunlight coming over the mountain top. Cloud work seems good, and I like that front rock, overall a good start, keep it up :)

sankara
02-28-2006, 12:59 AM
thnku friends for ur critics and comments .i will update the folowing corrections and meet u again,

dylan
03-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Sankara,

As promised, I am responding to your piece.
First of all, study your plate to understand light direction. That light house thingy is a good indicator. All of your buildings should be side lit like that. Make sure your photos are of a constistent light direction, right now they are all over the place. Also, look at perspective on your buildings. Take the time to draw your vanishing points so that you know it is correct. I would also play with a more dynamic composition. It is very symmetrical and centered. Try adding a foreground element and maybe push one of the side hills and buildings further away from using scale and atmosphere.
I hope this helps, keep it up!

sankara
03-09-2006, 09:23 PM
thanku verymuch sir, :D
iam verylucky to get the words from the guru
i will correct the lighting and the perspective.now icanunderstand thecomposition.becoz in my matte,the focalpoint will be disturbed becoz of three buildings

sorry icant undestand these words,iam not well in english

I would also play with a more dynamic composition. It is very symmetrical and centered.

--------------------------------

and maybe push one of the side hills and buildings further away from using scale and atmosphere.

plz explain sir.
sankara