PDA

View Full Version : please I need some help!

Aldogo23
02-25-2006, 02:48 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6824/2299/1600/image.jpg

I'm stock with this matte painting I feel like it's not working, and I need some advice to improve it, and make it work. please I need some advise!!

Aldogo23
02-25-2006, 04:00 AM
this matte painting is meant to be for a prehistoric topic but how can i do to improve it, please need some advise :shock:

Xdreamer79
02-25-2006, 04:56 AM
First I am not an expert but it seems lacking shadows. Also try to bring your image the same color values and work on the rocks. I would work on the door really late and first do the environment of your matte. Its a lot easier to put that door in if you're satisfied with your atmoshpere of the image...

Dream Artisan
02-25-2006, 09:58 AM
I would say to make the rear mountain match the contrast of the foreground mountains. Also, the mountain on the left is cut-off looking. It would look more real if you have it more horizontal on the shoreline, like on the right side. I'd also make the mouth of the cave point more toward the viewer.

Dave L
02-25-2006, 09:07 PM
A few thoughts. The background lacks depth perhaps some more atmosphere on the left as it recedes. The water reflections are a bit of a problem, the left foreground doen't show much reflection at all so it appears to be just sitting on the image not integrated into the water, same is true of the right land mass. the entrance to the cave seems ambiguous as to if it sits in the water or there is a chunk of land protruding out into the water. The water level suggests it would pour into the cave but the mouth of the cave entrance is not reflected in the water. Take a good look at some water image reference and the reflections; especially ones with a very clear sky like the one in your image. You might consider copying the land images onto a new layer flip it and dial in the opacity to create the reflections. You might also consider adding some scale cues; the mouth of your cave appears unusually huge when compared to the vegetation in the foreground.

I hope this helps, keep working at it and it will come around.