PDA

View Full Version : First amerikan step on the moon

mpavlos
02-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi there! This is my first thread here! And actually this is my first full matte image. I made some matte painting for some projects, but it wasn`t full images, just parts of the backgrnds.

The idea is when the amerikans do their first steps on the moon, they found the lost russian tanker there =) How did it get there, nobody knows. Or maybe these are not the first "moon" steps of the mankind... =)))

So what do you think? is it not so bad for the first time? What mistakes have you niticed from the fast glance?

http://mpavlos.com/image/3Dgallery/LI000015.jpg

mpavlos
02-25-2006, 06:04 AM
No replies... didn`t you like it guys? =(((

stefuse
02-25-2006, 09:25 AM
hi ...no stress....here is a reply ! lol

i love theplace ...the integration is good but maybe you have to place some kind of
littlel pieces of the boat around it to make it more realistic !

see ya !

stefuse

;)

kmblackbear06
02-25-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm not super skilled here yet, but things that I noticed or questioned...

The image looks pretty nice, neat idea and concept behind it even though we relate boats to water and moon doesnt have a major water body on it that is functional anyway.

I think the perspective of the lighting might be off a tiny bit, it might need a bit brighter light to it, but wait to see what others think about the light. The little black + marks are a bit in the way I think. I didnt catch them at first glance, and noticed a small black line pointing down from the right of the moon horizon... I would either make them more noticeable or ditch them completely. The man on the moon seems a little out of perspective compaired to the footprints, they seem to suddenly drop off in size before they get to him. Also the lil orange box thing beside him is a bit unclear... What is it?

Overall I think it's at a good point, painting on the ship looks nice and dirty and textured... Good job on that, the placement seems okay too. Keep it up. Hope I helped a little bit... Like I said I am sure there are more people around here that can help a great deal more than myself.

Sebastian Kaine
03-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I love it ! great concept !

Da_Elf
03-06-2006, 05:41 AM
if you reeealy want some nit-picking then you need to remove the stars. You cant see stars in lunar photographs because the lens of the camera is exposed to the brightness of the lunar surface and the stars are too dim to be seen

mpavlos
03-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Thank`s guys!

Well, about that astronaut - yep, i do agree, i wanted to place em a lil bit closer, but then the depth of the picture is disappearing.. ((( All about that footprints ) Should have done them a lil smaller.. heh

About stars - i know, that stars are not visible on the Moon, BUT.. it`s like the situation about explosions in space (in StarWars) - you can`t see fire and dust, but it is so poor without it =)))
I tried to remove the stars.. and what have i got - just ugly black area, that covers half of image.. not intresting i guess =)))

Thank`s a lot again!

tovette
03-15-2006, 12:29 AM
DUDE. That is the coolest idea. It's like creepy conspiracy theory stuff! Can you imagine being the astronaut who comes over the hill and BAM something that really shouldn't be there. I'd be like WTF....

grassynoel
03-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Check your lighting direction...
The light on the boat is glancing screen right to left and the light on the earth seems more top down. I would rotate the shadow on the earth (Or the earth itself if it's a photographic element) so that the shadowing lines up more accurately.

Glenn