PDA

View Full Version : my first matte painting

hanzwill
02-22-2006, 08:44 AM
hi i m hanz :D i m new to this forum.. this is the first matte painting for my assignment.. i'm pretty new to matte painting..
tis work here toks abt in the far future where the whole world is soked in water n humans have to build buildings floating on the water to live..
pls do give mi ur valuable comments thank you.. :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/hanzwill/future-yr2502small.jpg

kmblackbear06
02-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Hey welcome to the forum,I'm new here too. I like the concept, I think it's interesting. I'm learning how to matte paint right now, but from what I see, I'd like to see a bigger version to see those details. Are you going for photo real? If so, possibly use an acutal water mass reference picture and alter the color to match your greenish murky color. Also with the robot/living ball buildings, give the front one as much detail as you can. From what I have learned so far, the closer the object is, the more detail it should have. I'm not sure if I like the straight line placement of the buildings either. seems a bit to generic. I do like the sky in there, has a nice pinkish sun setty feel to it. I'm terrible with lighting, so I can't really crit you there, but it seems okay so far. Overall a kool idea and a good job, hope to see more :)