PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Multi-Input Touch Screen

AA
02-10-2006, 11:35 PM
This is a very cool new technology. Who knows, maybe in the near fuuture we will be using this in a prodcution environment. It shows a video of a multi-input touch screen which I am sure soon will make its way into the consumer computer market.. Guess we are not too far away from the Minority Report technology.

Anyways here is the link to the flas movie file

http://www.youtube.com/w/Crazy-Multi-Input-Touch-Screen?v=zp-y3ZNaCqs&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

nihylius
02-11-2006, 01:36 AM
I need one! :)

AA
02-11-2006, 02:39 AM
We should start seeing these on the market within the next few years for sure.

NickATnitE
02-11-2006, 03:08 PM
How minority report is that?

very cool welcome to websites of the future.

did you see the digital paper that fuji showcased this year. it's still not perfect it'll be incredibly cool when the r&d's done.

http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/fujitsu-creates-electronic-paper-112347.php

I also was reading an Aintitcool news article about Robert Zemekis's new Movie Beowulf a fully cg feature that is taking his performance capture to the level of completley photoreal humans (believe it or not) but it mentions OEG (electro oculography) which maps the actor's eye movements, down to eye-lid flutters. They place three sensors on the skin around the actor's eyes that pick up electrical pulses given off by the eye muscles and surrounding nerves. Sounds Promising.

I digress...
That's a cool video
thanx for posting

kmblackbear06
02-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Very awesome stuff, my professor actually showed this to use here at school. I talked to a few people and they said it wasnt multi touch,some said it was, but it def looks like it is. I think it would be absolutly amazing if it was multi touch... Think... 2 artists working on a composition at once... Another thing I also wonder is why they don't make a stylus for the touchpad on laptops... It would be helpful in those times at the airport, on the run without having to pull out the wacom tablet. Maybe it'salready in production, if not, maybe I'll invent it for my senior capstone. :)

Airblader
02-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Holy shit, if this is true (and i hope it is true), it's really amazing...

Ars Robota
03-10-2006, 11:24 AM
About this coooool touch screen, it must be possible to create such a system using a tactil screen and a freeware called vvvv (available at meso.net). But it may be quite long to do so if you ain't some programming basics.

jsbaxter
03-10-2006, 11:55 PM
they are rumors that a version of this is to be implimented in the new video Ipod..where the full body IS the screen and the navigation wheel is virtual. It appears when you touch the screen and dissappears when you let go.