PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

imann08
11-01-2005, 10:16 AM
I am having trouble creating reflection on water. What I want in particular, is to reflect a sunset on the ocean. I'm having loads of trouble getting that shiny look of the reflection. Using channels etc all I'm getting is a very bland copy of the sunset on the ocean. Not very impressive. Understanding that I'm a newbie on this can anyone either hook me up with a tut or help me with an explanation?

BTW, I am using Photoshop CS.

Thanks in advance.

Maryam
11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
I post something here,
http://www.mattepainting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7102

imann08
11-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Maryam, that was killer! Thanks a ton. I always consider myself a newbie but I am normally comparing myself to those who are actually good. I guess if I was a newbie I wouldn't have a clue as to what you did with the adjustment layers et al. I am a newbie when it comes to compositing and matte painting which is something I'm very interested in now but I have a grip on photoshop. Anyhoo, thanks a bunch. That was very kind of you to provide the PSD for me as that makes all the difference when I can actually see what you did instead of just the adjustment layers you used. Hope we talk again. I'll be around more and more with time.